Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Return to OZ - David Shire
Full Soundtrack

As promised in my last post (if you were able to make it though that novel), I have here the complete soundtrack to the film Return to Oz. The score was done by David Shire and is quite an entertianing score to this film. The first track off this ablum is also my favorite, it goes from happy we are in Kansas to a darker threatening theme as Dorthy is being taken to an institution to help deal with her memories of Oz, which Aunt Em believes to be a pyschosis of some kind.

Well, I touched on it in the last post, this film really seems to capture the feeling of the Oz books, a little strange, funny and much darker that the previous film, as you can see by the quote below. It is one of my all time favorite flicks and Fairuza Balk plays Dorthy superberly, she doesn't try to emulate Judy Garland, but plays Dorthy her way. If you haven't seen this one, give it a shot. Anywho, Enjoy the soundtrack! (Note: I've included a bonus track here called Return to Oz performed by Victoria Wood.

"Not beautiful you understand, but you have a certain prettiness, different from my other heads. I believe I'll lock you in the tower for a few years until your head is ready. And then I'll take it."

Download the full soundtrack here!


5 comments:

The Boom Operator said...

Oh yes! Thanks for this post! I've always loved that film. The characters and costuming were much more enjoyable to me, but that's probably my darker side talking.

I always wanted a pumpkin head and a little gold grandpa robot.

David Totty / Something Weird said...

visiting your blog, and this is the first thing I see.... I know it's gonna be a fun visit!

thanks for posting this man, i have been looking for this for quite a while now!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Boom Operator - Yeah, this flick had a great look to it. Ha ha yeah, I hear you a little robot servant like TikTok would be pretty cool to get you Coke's and stuff.

David Totty - Thanks for dropping in,I'm glad I had something you've been hunting for.

me said...

Hi,

This may be selfish and needy but I found this wonderful link here and unfortunately I think it has expired. Any help finding a valid link or anyone know of other existing links to this soundtrack? I'm in Australia and this is one of my favourite movies but the soundtrack is tricky to find here. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

"Me", I can re-post this. Check back in a few days for a working link.